Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomeKit “Turn Off” Return to Last State

With a HomeKit automation, if I use Turn Off after x minutes command, what happens at end of x minutes? Does decide return to previous state or actually turn off? The example: I have a light on 30% brightness. When a motion sensor sees someone, the light should go on 100%. Then with “Turn Off” I want the light to revert to 30% after the motion. NOT switch off completely. Any ideas what the system would do?

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 14, 2021 12:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2021 6:04 AM

I would assume turn off means just that. What you need to do is store the current brightness in a variable so it can be restored. Annoyingly when I've looked it seems there aren't necessarily parallel get and set functions for each parameter within the same domain, in my case Home and the Lifx app that is provided for my light, however I was able to cool up the following shortcut. It might need some tweaking if the initial power state might also be on or off as I think brightness is held independently. Likewise you might want to set and then restore the colour if the lamp has that property.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2021 6:04 AM in response to TomWanless

I would assume turn off means just that. What you need to do is store the current brightness in a variable so it can be restored. Annoyingly when I've looked it seems there aren't necessarily parallel get and set functions for each parameter within the same domain, in my case Home and the Lifx app that is provided for my light, however I was able to cool up the following shortcut. It might need some tweaking if the initial power state might also be on or off as I think brightness is held independently. Likewise you might want to set and then restore the colour if the lamp has that property.

tt2

HomeKit “Turn Off” Return to Last State

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.