Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to rename an Apple Music playlist on iPhone

How can I rename an Apple Music playlist on my iPhone? I can edit, reorder, add, delete, etc., but not rename. I no longer have the computer I used to make it and want to change it with my iPhone, but how? Double click or long press on the name do nothing and Haptic Touch menus have no rename option either, so how?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 14, 2021 12:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2021 8:45 AM

Hi amolatinam,

We understand you'd like to rename a playlist. We're happy to help.

To change a playlist name open the Music app, then in the Library tab pull up the playlist you'd like to edit. Once you have the playlist on the screen, tap the menu button at the top right then select Edit. Once you've selected Edit, just tap on the current playlist name at the top under the artwork to bring up the keyboard, and you can change the name. When you're finished, just select Done at the top right.

Create playlists on iPhone

We hope this helps. Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2021 8:45 AM in response to amolatinam

Hi amolatinam,

We understand you'd like to rename a playlist. We're happy to help.

To change a playlist name open the Music app, then in the Library tab pull up the playlist you'd like to edit. Once you have the playlist on the screen, tap the menu button at the top right then select Edit. Once you've selected Edit, just tap on the current playlist name at the top under the artwork to bring up the keyboard, and you can change the name. When you're finished, just select Done at the top right.

Create playlists on iPhone

We hope this helps. Take care!

How to rename an Apple Music playlist on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.