Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hello, I have a question about updating my Mac. Can I ask you here?

This is a question about a Mac desktop.

It is running on an old system (Yosemite) , and is not signed up with my current Apple ID. So I would like to clean it up, put my current Apple Id on it, and update it to the operating system that it can be most compatible with.

The computer is: iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014). Do you know how many updates I can and should do on this mac?

Do you know how I can change the Apple Id to my current one?

Thank you!

Monica

Posted on Jan 14, 2021 4:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2021 4:47 PM

A 2014 iMac can update to Big Sure Mac OS 11.x which is the current version of Mac OS. I would recommend that you be in touch with AppleCare regarding your Apple ID issue and they can assist. If you are in the USA that number is (800)275-2273, outside the USA please use the following link to get the number AppleCare Contact Info. They can also give you instructions on the proper method to update from Yosemite to Big Sur.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2021 4:47 PM in response to MonicaMosesHaller

A 2014 iMac can update to Big Sure Mac OS 11.x which is the current version of Mac OS. I would recommend that you be in touch with AppleCare regarding your Apple ID issue and they can assist. If you are in the USA that number is (800)275-2273, outside the USA please use the following link to get the number AppleCare Contact Info. They can also give you instructions on the proper method to update from Yosemite to Big Sur.

Hello, I have a question about updating my Mac. Can I ask you here?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.