You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mysterious blank "-0:00" tracks in album view

So, in the endeavor to rectify iTunes idiotic album rating system, I'd been going through said albums and found...a very strange bug. Basically, several albums contain these "songs" with no name, "-0:00" duration, and a complete inability to interact with them"

There's no rhyme or reason to these glitchy tracks, either - doesn't matter if the album has one song or ten, if I burned it from a CD or downloaded a YouTube rip...and the number of blank tracks varies wildly. But again, I can't interact with them - I can't rate them, right-clicking only brings up "paste," and nothing appears when clicking the ellipses to the right of each track.

They're not really harming anything, nor do they show up in song or artist view (just in album view), it's just...weird. And kind of annoying. Anybody have any idea why this is happening and/or how to fix it?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jan 14, 2021 4:37 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2021 5:26 AM

Try holding down option+cmd as you launch Music to see if opening it in safe mode clears anything up.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply

Mysterious blank "-0:00" tracks in album view

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.