Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone asks me frequently to enter a password for an old deleted apple id account. How to fix it?

A few months ago I switched to another apple id account, created a new one, and deleted an old one. But my iPhone asks to sign in to an old apple id though it doesn't even exist anymore. How to stop an iPhone to ask to enter a password from an old deleted apple id account?

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

Posted on Jan 14, 2021 7:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2021 1:38 PM

Hi EugenTarasenko,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. From our understanding, you are getting a pop up asking for an old Apple ID's password, do we have that right? Was it deleted through Apple or did you create a new one and just no longer use it? Are there apps on your iPhone that were downloaded with that Apple ID? If so, you may be asked to enter the password when the app needs to update. You would need to delete the app and re-download it using the new Apple ID.

How to delete your Apple ID account

Update apps or use automatic downloads

Hope that helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2021 1:38 PM in response to EugenTarasenko

Hi EugenTarasenko,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. From our understanding, you are getting a pop up asking for an old Apple ID's password, do we have that right? Was it deleted through Apple or did you create a new one and just no longer use it? Are there apps on your iPhone that were downloaded with that Apple ID? If so, you may be asked to enter the password when the app needs to update. You would need to delete the app and re-download it using the new Apple ID.

How to delete your Apple ID account

Update apps or use automatic downloads

Hope that helps.

iPhone asks me frequently to enter a password for an old deleted apple id account. How to fix it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.