Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos disappeared after upload from pc

I migrated from android with a whole bunch of photos, since then I’ve uploaded 3 batches of photos from iTunes on my windows pc. I have lost my old photo imports. The 3 imports were done from different folders and each time an iPod photo cache was created. The sync tick box was checked in iTunes for each folder but I don’t know what that does overall. I don’t use iCloud backup as I have more photos than the free allowance, and since I have 512 gb I will do a backup to my pc or external drive once my photos are all sorted to prevent having duplicate backups with multiple photos.

So my questions are:

1, how can I get my photos back?

2, what is best practise for uploading photos from multiple folders on windows

3, can I remove all photos, including the migrated ones? Apple has made a mess of the migration as it’s included all my WhatsApp photos and videos into a single folder with my camera shots making it very messy with all the random things that go through WhatsApp, so I’d like to start again with a fresh upload of all photos. The right way if that’s possible without losing folders.

thanks in advance for your help.

p.s. New apple iPhone user here and loving it so far other than this small photo issue which might be of my own creating.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 15, 2021 1:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2021 1:22 AM

Use Windows Photo App -- The process is given below

Import Photos and Videos to your PC

You can import photos to your PC by connecting your device to your computer and using Windows Photos app:

1. Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes on your PC. Importing photos to your PC requires iTunes 12.5.1 or later.
  2. Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your PC with a USB cable.
  3. You might need to unlock your iOS device using your passcode.
  4. You might also see a prompt on the iOS device asking you to Trust This Computer. Tap Trust or Allow to continue.

Then, follow the steps in these Microsoft knowledge base articles to learn how to import photos to Windows Photos app:

When you import videos from your iOS device to your PC, some might be rotated incorrectly in Windows Photos app. You can add these videos to iTunes to play them in the correct orientation.

If you have iCloud Photos turned on, you need to download the original, full resolution versions of your photos to your iPhone before you import to your PC. Find out how.

Photos and videos that you sync from your computer to your iOS device using iTunes can't be imported back to your computer. 

Learn what to do if you can't import photos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2021 1:22 AM in response to amo777

Use Windows Photo App -- The process is given below

Import Photos and Videos to your PC

You can import photos to your PC by connecting your device to your computer and using Windows Photos app:

1. Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes on your PC. Importing photos to your PC requires iTunes 12.5.1 or later.
  2. Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your PC with a USB cable.
  3. You might need to unlock your iOS device using your passcode.
  4. You might also see a prompt on the iOS device asking you to Trust This Computer. Tap Trust or Allow to continue.

Then, follow the steps in these Microsoft knowledge base articles to learn how to import photos to Windows Photos app:

When you import videos from your iOS device to your PC, some might be rotated incorrectly in Windows Photos app. You can add these videos to iTunes to play them in the correct orientation.

If you have iCloud Photos turned on, you need to download the original, full resolution versions of your photos to your iPhone before you import to your PC. Find out how.

Photos and videos that you sync from your computer to your iOS device using iTunes can't be imported back to your computer. 

Learn what to do if you can't import photos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer.

Photos disappeared after upload from pc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.