Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Pro crashing randomly since Big Sur update

Hi guys!

I recently upgraded to Big Sur and everything was working fine up until 2-3 weeks ago.

I started experiencing crashes on a random basis, every time it freezes the apps, while maintaining control over the mouse, then the mouse freezes, then it disappears, and finally, it takes 2-4 minutes to the mac for switching off at last and restarting.

I read online that Firefox could be the cause of the bug but I uninstalled it and it still occurs.

I provided the log that appears when reboot completes, I don't know if you guys can sort something out from this? (If it says that it's offline or can't be reached, it is a bug, refresh the page until it finally displays the text, it can take up to 15 tries)

Thank you a lot for your time and help,

Kindest,

Charles

Mac Pro, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 15, 2021 5:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2021 5:10 AM

N3M1C0 wrote:

Hi guys!

I recently upgraded to Big Sur and everything was working fine up until 2-3 weeks ago.
I started experiencing crashes on a random basis, every time it freezes the apps, while maintaining control over the mouse, then the mouse freezes, then it disappears, and finally, it takes 2-4 minutes to the mac for switching off at last and restarting.

I read online that Firefox could be the cause of the bug but I uninstalled it and it still occurs.

I provided the log that appears when reboot completes, I don't know if you guys can sort something out from this? (If it says that it's offline or can't be reached, it is a bug, refresh the page until it finally displays the text, it can take up to 15 tries)

<Crash log.log>

Kindest,
Charles

Kernel Panics are predominately caused by hardware faults or faulty third-party kernel extensions.

It looks like Parallels Desktop could be your issue. Try deleting or updating that software(?)

Learn what to do if your computer restarts or shuts down unexpectedly, or you get a message that your computer restarted or shut down because of a problem.

If your Mac spontaneously restarts or displays a ... - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT200553

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2021 5:10 AM in response to N3M1C0

N3M1C0 wrote:

Hi guys!

<Crash log.log>

Kindest,
Charles

Kernel Panics are predominately caused by hardware faults or faulty third-party kernel extensions.

It looks like Parallels Desktop could be your issue. Try deleting or updating that software(?)

Learn what to do if your computer restarts or shuts down unexpectedly, or you get a message that your computer restarted or shut down because of a problem.

If your Mac spontaneously restarts or displays a ... - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT200553

Mac Pro crashing randomly since Big Sur update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.