Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I Mac Model A1207

I have a very ancient iMac A1207 (20-inch Late 2006) sitting in a cupboard gathering dust. It has a missing keyboard and mouse. I would like to access it to recover some lost photos and to clean down the drive before getting rid of it. Can anyone recommend a keyboard and mouse that would be compatible with this system? I've looked to see if I can buy a second hand Apple accessory but they are difficult to locate and are more often, expensive. Thank you.

Posted on Jan 15, 2021 9:32 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Jan 15, 2021 11:52 AM in response to EJB64

As mentioned ANY USB keyboard will work. You can find them many places such as your local office supply, if you have a PC at the home borrow that or buy from Ebay or Amazon or the vendor of your choice.

PC keyboards are almost the same but some keys are different, to navigate research some articles for example

https://edu.gcfglobal.org/en/osxbasics/using-a-windows-keyboard-with-a-mac/1/

I Mac Model A1207

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.