Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I connect my child’s Apple Watch with cellular to my iPhone will they have their own number?

They have their own iPhone now but that’s only for their watch. I’m wondering if I can turn off their phone and connect their watch to mine with their own phone number.

Apple Watch, watchOS 4

Posted on Jan 15, 2021 11:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2021 11:51 AM

You can use the Family Setup to set it up with your iPhone if you want and get it a number attached to your Phone plan:

See here: link-> Set up an Apple Watch for a family member - Apple Support

Note that watches setup in this way lose some features.

Also, you would need to setup the watch again following the steps in the link above. You can't simply turn off the iPhone.

If they already have an iPhone its best to just leave it as is.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2021 11:51 AM in response to Wonderous321

You can use the Family Setup to set it up with your iPhone if you want and get it a number attached to your Phone plan:

See here: link-> Set up an Apple Watch for a family member - Apple Support

Note that watches setup in this way lose some features.

Also, you would need to setup the watch again following the steps in the link above. You can't simply turn off the iPhone.

If they already have an iPhone its best to just leave it as is.

If I connect my child’s Apple Watch with cellular to my iPhone will they have their own number?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.