Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mail Issue

Asking for some help, my Mac Mail on my Mac won't resize the Preferences window to normal size. The window is 2x the size in width of my Mac and I cannot make it smaller by trying to grab the edge of the window and resize it.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 15, 2021 11:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2021 12:03 PM

Some users have been able to fix this by deleting their signatures: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8177775

Now, if you can't view the Signatures tab, you'll have to use the Tab key to select it and press the space bar to select it. The Signatures tab is right after the Composing tab, so once Composing is highlighted, press tab one more time to select it and press space. You may have to shift-tab first before the "cursor" goes to the tabs at the top of the screen.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2021 12:03 PM in response to MacMailHelp

Some users have been able to fix this by deleting their signatures: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8177775

Now, if you can't view the Signatures tab, you'll have to use the Tab key to select it and press the space bar to select it. The Signatures tab is right after the Composing tab, so once Composing is highlighted, press tab one more time to select it and press space. You may have to shift-tab first before the "cursor" goes to the tabs at the top of the screen.

Jan 15, 2021 11:51 AM in response to MacMailHelp

MacMailHelp wrote:

Asking for some help, my Mac Mail on my Mac won't resize the Preferences window to normal size. The window is 2x the size in width of my Mac and I cannot make it smaller by trying to grab the edge of the window and resize it.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.1

What macOS are you currently running? Can you verify it is Big Sur 11.1

Have you tried quit Mail and relauncing?

Have you tried rebooting the machine?

Mac Mail Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.