You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My calendar shows the wrong week numbers

Hi,

since we have entered 2021 my calendar has shown the wrong week numbers. The problem is that it started week 1 on the 28th of December and not the 4th of January. So it skipped week 53 and now I’m one week ahead.

my boyfriend also has an iPhone 8 which doesn’t have the problem.

I have tried removing and adding the numbers, changing dates, setting time zone etc nothing works. Can you help me?

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 15, 2021 1:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2021 8:09 AM

Walter Wilcoxen wrote:

Yeah, I agree. Swedes are pretty perturbed - we use week numbers ALOT!

Then change your region to one that uses your preferred style of week numbers. Go to Settings/General/Language & Region.

19 replies

Jan 17, 2021 2:28 PM in response to rebekka241

Hey there, rebekka241.

It appears that you're seeing your calendar weeks one week ahead than expected on your iPhone, while on your boyfriend's iPhone, everything looks good. To confirm, settings may cause the Calendar app to display different for everyone. Were you able to compare your Calendar settings to your boyfriends Calendar settings? Your answer can help us determine possible next steps.

Does restarting your iPhone help? Restart your iPhone We know it may seem like a simple step, but it can possibly help.

If the issue continues, you could back up your iPhone and then try deleting and installing the Calendar app again:

Let us know how that goes. Take care.

Apr 15, 2021 6:09 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

I disagree. The correct solution would be for Apple to allow the ISO8601 calendar on the iPhones. Changing my region to Sweden to get correct week numbers means that I now see a comma instead of a decimal point when using the calculator function and worst of all, Apple Watch and iPhone now record exercise distances in km rather than miles. This is an issue for Apple to fix, not for customers to try work arounds that are not satisfactory.

Feb 18, 2021 7:52 AM in response to Joseph_S.

Hi Joseph

Sorry but that is really not the answer.

The solution is to change the calendar from Gregorian to ISO 8601 under Language and region.

But ISO 8601 doesn't exist anymore, which it used to do back in 2016/2017 when I had the problem first time around.

Now the problem is back, and we can't fix it. If this setting is gone for everybody and not just me, you are ruining calendars for whole countries.

Please advise how to fix the calendar, and if not then report it asap.

Mar 12, 2021 7:05 AM in response to cdauerer

Sorry it’s not helpful, but that is the only solution for the built in calendar, other than mentally correcting it by subtracting 1 when you look at the week number. Or change the day your week starts so January 1 falls in what you want week 1 to be.

The much better solution is to install a 3rd party calendar such as WeekCal to replace the admittedly minimalist calendar that is built it. Most 3rd party calendars let you choose the week number standard you want to use. It is miles (or kilometers) ahead of the built in calendar in almost every feature, including the ability to save events as templates, assign icons to calendar entries, create templates that will insert multiple events in one step, Drag & drop events, putting 1 event in multiple calendars, syncing your settings across multiple iOS devices and a host of other features.

My calendar shows the wrong week numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.