Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

trojan on ip address

I just bought a Canon Pixma MG3620 printer. It won't connect to my MacBook Air or my iPhone xr. The Canon support says my IP address has a Trojan that won't let them connect. They say they can correct the problem and talk $$. How does one get rid of a Trojan on their IP address. I am not very good at understanding all this stuff.

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 15, 2021 2:05 PM

3 replies

Jan 15, 2021 2:11 PM in response to 2021isnotagoodyear

Unfortunately, you did not call Canon. Such claims from such “tech support” folks is nothing but absolute nonsense. Do not pay these criminals.

If you permitted the criminals to access your computer, consider it compromised. Immediately, change all passwords ever used from that computer.

If you provided financial information to the criminals, consider that information compromised. Contact your financial institution for steps to deal with the bank card.

trojan on ip address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.