Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Minecraft not allowing family sharing

Why isn’t Minecraft allowing family sharing? We are fully set up for family sharing. My husbands App Store is still requesting him to pay $6.99 for the app. I (the wife) already purchased it on my Apple account. Why isn’t this showing free for him?

I have checked all settings numerous times. Everything looks to be setup correctly and the app allows family sharing.

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Jan 15, 2021 5:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 5:07 AM

Hi there cora156,

You've come to the right place for help. From what we can tell, you purchased Minecraft and your husband is being prompted to pay for the app, even though he is a member of the Family Sharing group. If we've got that right, he will want to start by making sure he's signed in with the correct Apple ID and purchase sharing is turned on. He will also want to make sure that he's signed in to Media & Purchases with the same Apple ID that he uses for purchase sharing and iCloud. Check out the link below to learn exactly what steps to take to be sure he is able to access shared content:

If you don't see your family's shared content

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2021 5:07 AM in response to cora156

Hi there cora156,

You've come to the right place for help. From what we can tell, you purchased Minecraft and your husband is being prompted to pay for the app, even though he is a member of the Family Sharing group. If we've got that right, he will want to start by making sure he's signed in with the correct Apple ID and purchase sharing is turned on. He will also want to make sure that he's signed in to Media & Purchases with the same Apple ID that he uses for purchase sharing and iCloud. Check out the link below to learn exactly what steps to take to be sure he is able to access shared content:

If you don't see your family's shared content

Cheers!

Minecraft not allowing family sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.