Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes could not connect to this device. You do not have permission - That's the message iTunes is giving me when I try to connect my device to my laptop, to sync.

I'm not sure what to do about this. I want to connect my device to iTunes, and it won't let me.

Posted on Jan 15, 2021 9:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2021 3:46 AM

See About the 'Trust This Computer' alert on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support and the section Change your settings for trusted computers. Reset your trust settings, then try again, trusting the computer when prompted. Note this will also reset save Wi-Fi networks, passwords, etc. so these will need to be set again.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2021 3:46 AM in response to alaleh208

See About the 'Trust This Computer' alert on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support and the section Change your settings for trusted computers. Reset your trust settings, then try again, trusting the computer when prompted. Note this will also reset save Wi-Fi networks, passwords, etc. so these will need to be set again.

tt2

iTunes could not connect to this device. You do not have permission - That's the message iTunes is giving me when I try to connect my device to my laptop, to sync.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.