Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I uninstalled Nortons from my mac. Now I am unable to connect to the internet.. Can anyone help with this?

I uninstalled Nortons from my mac. Once I restarted my computer I have been unable to connect to the internet. Can any one help me?

Posted on Jan 16, 2021 4:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2021 4:49 PM

Ampman70 Said:

"I uninstalled Nortons from my mac. Now I am unable to connect to the internet.. Can anyone help with this?: I uninstalled Nortons from my mac. Once I restarted my computer I have been unable to connect to the internet. Can any one help me?"

-------

A. Create a New User:

Try creating a new Administrator-type user - see if it then connects. If so, then it is something misconfigured in your current user.

B. No Security Software:

Keep Security Software off of your Mac. It is unnecessary, and just gets in the way on a Mac... and this is a pure example of how and why.

C. Reinstall the macOS:

If you cannot not connect, then you may need to reinstall the macOS. The uninstallation may have misconfigured your network adapters.

1. First, Back up your Mac:

Create a Time Machine backup of your Mac, so that you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the reinstall.

2. Then, Reinstall the macOS:

Nothing would be deleted. It's just that items that have become corrupted or deleted, would be replaced or reinstalled back to where they should be. Go Here: How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2021 4:49 PM in response to Ampman70

Ampman70 Said:

"I uninstalled Nortons from my mac. Now I am unable to connect to the internet.. Can anyone help with this?: I uninstalled Nortons from my mac. Once I restarted my computer I have been unable to connect to the internet. Can any one help me?"

-------

A. Create a New User:

Try creating a new Administrator-type user - see if it then connects. If so, then it is something misconfigured in your current user.

B. No Security Software:

Keep Security Software off of your Mac. It is unnecessary, and just gets in the way on a Mac... and this is a pure example of how and why.

C. Reinstall the macOS:

If you cannot not connect, then you may need to reinstall the macOS. The uninstallation may have misconfigured your network adapters.

1. First, Back up your Mac:

Create a Time Machine backup of your Mac, so that you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the reinstall.

2. Then, Reinstall the macOS:

Nothing would be deleted. It's just that items that have become corrupted or deleted, would be replaced or reinstalled back to where they should be. Go Here: How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple Support

I uninstalled Nortons from my mac. Now I am unable to connect to the internet.. Can anyone help with this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.