No internet after uninstalling Norton360

I recently noticed that Norton antivirus was using up to 300% of my CPU so I uninstalled it. Little did I know that it would completely shut off my internet for my Mac. I have used the uninstall tool and terminal to remove all of the excess files but still no help. i really need my mac for school so could anyone help me?

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 13.5

Posted on Sep 14, 2023 2:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2023 4:35 AM

I had this happen with another product. The solution was to remove its entry in Network Filters.

System Settings > Network > Filters

Remove anything related to Norton.

Similar questions

7 replies

Sep 14, 2023 2:35 AM in response to ShakerGryphon30

Uninstalling AntiVirus software is akin to Disarming a Time Bomb and it can go off at any second.

Your computer maybe reaping the Benefits of the AntiVirus Software has Infected on this computer.

Try to undo what has been done by this useless software may require remedial actions including Erase all Content and Setting

The above will leave the Operating System Un-Touched.

Thereafter to start from scratch and install all Required Application directly from the Apple Apps Store or Directly from the Developer.

If going this route - I suggest Not using Startup Assist to migrate things back as this will probably Re-Introduce the existing  issue that existed when the TM Backup was made 

Sep 14, 2023 2:22 AM in response to ShakerGryphon30

Go >> System Setting and type Network as in image below

Look for Advance Wifi in the results

Click on it

As Pop Up should appear like in second image

If Norton 360 listed as a connection ?

If yes>> Click on the circle with 3 dots

Another Pop Up should appear with various Options and Remove Norton 360 from the list

Notation >> It will require the Admin Account Password of this computer to allow this change ( Third Image )

First image

Second image

Third Image

No internet after uninstalling Norton360

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.