Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No internet after removing Norton

On my desktop I found that it was running very slowly and Norton internet security could not up date. I followed Norton instructions and dumped the icon in the trash then downloaded and executed the uninstall app which used a terminal screen. I followed all their instructions and rebooted the computer. However when I try to open Safari it says I am not connected to the internet. The status bar on the top of the screen indicates that I am connected. When I check network preferences it says that I am connected to my Wi-Fi network but there is also a second listing for Norton Security which it says it is trying to open. More reboots and second running of the uninstall app does not help.

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 12.6

Posted on Oct 16, 2022 3:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2022 11:46 AM

Actually I got a response from Norton. They had me go to internet preferences…go to the Norton Security which was listed below WiFi and hit the negative sign to delete it. That seems to have worked. Thanks for replying.

4 replies

No internet after removing Norton

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.