Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My wife was on her I phone and was searching using safari when she got a pop up that said her phone had been comprised and to download a free app from apple to eradicate the virus.

My wife was on her I phone and was searching using safari when she got a pop up that said her phone had been comprised and to download a free app from apple to eradicate the virus. Has any one had this before? She cannot get rid of it without selecting ok.

iPhone 6s Plus

Posted on Jan 16, 2021 7:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2021 8:28 PM

You can close the Safari tab (ie. window) by touching and holding the tab icon. This is the one in the bottom right corner of the screen which looks like one page on top of another. A menu will pop up with several options. One option is to Close This Tab.

*This is a feature of at east iOS 14. It may not be available in an earlier version of iOS. If not, tap (don't hold) on the same Tab icon and all the open tabs in Safari will appear and be available to close separately.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2021 8:28 PM in response to Ragan2

You can close the Safari tab (ie. window) by touching and holding the tab icon. This is the one in the bottom right corner of the screen which looks like one page on top of another. A menu will pop up with several options. One option is to Close This Tab.

*This is a feature of at east iOS 14. It may not be available in an earlier version of iOS. If not, tap (don't hold) on the same Tab icon and all the open tabs in Safari will appear and be available to close separately.

My wife was on her I phone and was searching using safari when she got a pop up that said her phone had been comprised and to download a free app from apple to eradicate the virus.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.