Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No option to download/install App Store apps

Hi all. After many years I recently got my first iPhone (11). I seem to be figuring it out ok except whenever I find an app I want in the apps store, I get no option to download it. I can find the apps ok in the App Store, read all about them, see sample screenshots, etc, but no download/install button. If I click on the app icon, I can sometimes bring up another window that says something like, “you can only do this from the App Store.” As I’m IN the store, not sure of the problem. I’ve restarted my iPhone, checked the Apple Pay method, have the newest iOS, etc. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Posted on Jan 17, 2021 5:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2021 10:54 PM

Thanks for posting the screen shots. The Apple Store app is exactly that. It is a shopping app to buy Apple Products directly from Apple. You cannot purchase any apps from the Apple Store app. What you are looking for is the App Store app. The good thing is that the App Store app cannot be deleted and therefore it still exists on your iPhone. We need to find it.

(1) Is it possible that you have Screen Time Restrictions set to ON?

Open Settings ➔ Screen Time ➔ Content & Privacy Restrictions ➔ iTunes & App Store Purchases ➔ Installing apps : Set this to ALLOW

(2) If the above does not help then try the following:

Open Settings ➔ General ➔ Reset ➔ Reset Home Screen Layout. This action will not delete any data but return all the home screen icons to their default location(s) and then you should be able to find the App Store app.

Axel F.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2021 10:54 PM in response to Silverbay999

Thanks for posting the screen shots. The Apple Store app is exactly that. It is a shopping app to buy Apple Products directly from Apple. You cannot purchase any apps from the Apple Store app. What you are looking for is the App Store app. The good thing is that the App Store app cannot be deleted and therefore it still exists on your iPhone. We need to find it.

(1) Is it possible that you have Screen Time Restrictions set to ON?

Open Settings ➔ Screen Time ➔ Content & Privacy Restrictions ➔ iTunes & App Store Purchases ➔ Installing apps : Set this to ALLOW

(2) If the above does not help then try the following:

Open Settings ➔ General ➔ Reset ➔ Reset Home Screen Layout. This action will not delete any data but return all the home screen icons to their default location(s) and then you should be able to find the App Store app.

Axel F.

Jan 17, 2021 6:05 PM in response to Axel Foley

Hi. Thanks for taking time to help. Much appreciated. Maybe it's related to this - I only see an "Apple Store" icon on my phone, but no "APP Store" icon. I DO see it listed under Settings but don't know why I don't see an icon to choose it.

So...I try selecting the Apple Store icon, top left in my first screen capture here. (*** the following screenshots start from the bottom up)

The NEXT screen shows what comes up when I search for the Google Calendar app.. I get App Store Result, I see the app, but only the option to view it. I also see the message to continue my search on the App Store. I select the App Store option and get the calendar app with no apparent option to download/install....

I click on the calendar in the app store and get a page listing ALL Google apps.

I scroll down and find the calendar.. Click on it and get app store preview..

Don't see any option to install..

Thanks

No option to download/install App Store apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.