Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth issues with my Mac mini M1

My magic keyboard and magic mouse are disconnecting irregular from my Mac mini M1. This is very annoying and normal work is not possible under this circumstances. Is there a solution in sight?

Mac mini, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 17, 2021 5:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2021 12:32 AM

Hi, many thanks for all of your suggestions. But this solution solved my problem:

shift + option and click the bluetooth icon

factory reset all connected apple devices

After that you would need a keyboard and mouse which is connected via a cable on USB - A to reconnect your Magic mouse and keyboard again.

That works perfect for me. So far ;-)

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2021 12:32 AM in response to Matti Haveri

Hi, many thanks for all of your suggestions. But this solution solved my problem:

shift + option and click the bluetooth icon

factory reset all connected apple devices

After that you would need a keyboard and mouse which is connected via a cable on USB - A to reconnect your Magic mouse and keyboard again.

That works perfect for me. So far ;-)

Jan 17, 2021 6:17 AM in response to bert michael

If you have any devices plugged into your USC-A ports, try leaving them unplugged to see if it makes a difference. It seems that some have reported their issues resolved by doing so. Potential cross-interface with Bluetooth. If it does fix the problem, and you rely on the USB-A devices being connected, try using better shielded connectors/cables to see if that makes a difference.

Jan 17, 2021 7:05 AM in response to bert michael

My only other suggestion would be to play with the location of things on your desk. Proximity of the keyboard and mouse to the Mac mini. Anything substantial between the two that might block signal. Anything that might be electrically noisy, such a power bricks, USB hubs, desk lamps, etc. that might be interfering. Beyond that, I am running low on suggestions! 🙂

Bluetooth issues with my Mac mini M1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.