Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airpods Pro automatically/unnecessarily connecting to Windows PC

My Airpods Pro work perfectly with my iPhone 6s and Watch SE. Loving the Auto-switch feature.

When I switch on Bluetooth on my Windows PC (with which the airpods are also paired), the Airpods connect automatically and unnecessarily with the PC, even if they are currently connected to my iPhone and currently playing music.

How do I stop this?

Posted on Jan 17, 2021 10:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2021 7:23 AM

Hello barberlives123,

Thanks for replying to my question.

Unfortunately, that did not solve my issue.

Just today my iPhone was playing Music through my Airpods and the Airpods automatically switched to Windows PC as soon as I switched on Bluetooth.

3 replies

Jan 19, 2021 10:50 AM in response to Ln.srini

Hello there Ln.srini,

We're happy to help with this issue you're having with the AirPods connecting to your Windows PC. To stop AirPods from automatically switching between devices, go to Settings  > Bluetooth, tap the "i" next to the name of your AirPods, tap Connect to This iPhone, then tap When Last Connected to This iPhone. You can get more info on this feature here:

Switch AirPods between iPhone and other devices

Feel free to reach back out if you have any questions.

Have a great day!

Jan 30, 2021 3:25 PM in response to Ln.srini

Hi Ln.srini,

Thanks for trying that for us.

Looking over the article about AirPods auto switching to other devices, a PC is not mentioned, and the devices need to be using the same Apple ID.

Set up AirPods with your Mac and other Bluetooth devices

Scroll down to the "Switch devices automatically" section

What this tells us, is the issue is with the Bluetooth on the PC reconnecting automatically. We were able to find a Microsoft Community page with the steps for how to prevent your PC's Bluetooth from reconnecting automatically.

Disable bluetooth auto connect

If you need additional assistance with this issue, please contact Microsoft or your PC's manufacturer.

Take care!

Airpods Pro automatically/unnecessarily connecting to Windows PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.