Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airpods pro won’t auto connect back

hi! I recently just got my airpods pro, so I don’t really know whether it’s supposed to be like this/not. It seems like whenever I switch devices, my airpods pro won’t switch back. For example, earlier I was watching Netflix on my macbook but I got a phone call on my phone. I went to pick it up and my airpods immediately connected to my phone. I wanted to resume watching Netflix, but my airpods were still connected to my phone, it didn’t connect back to my mac. I’ve tried this a few times too, so it isn’t just a one time thing. I had to turn off bluetooth on my phone so that it would connect to my macbook. Is it supposed to be like this or am I doing it wrong?

Posted on May 20, 2021 9:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2021 9:54 PM

Hi, Tap the info button next to your AirPods in the list of devices. Tap Connect to This iPhone [or iPad], and then tap When Last Connected to This iPhone [or iPad]. To turn this feature on again, tap Automatically.

if this doesn't work, reset your airpods and pair them again.

1. Put your ‌AirPods‌ in their case and close the lid.
  2. Wait 30 seconds, then open the lid.
  3. On your iOS device, go to Settings -> Bluetooth and tap the circled "i" icon next to your ‌AirPods‌.
  4. Tap Forget This Device, and tap again to confirm.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 20, 2021 9:54 PM in response to desak128

Hi, Tap the info button next to your AirPods in the list of devices. Tap Connect to This iPhone [or iPad], and then tap When Last Connected to This iPhone [or iPad]. To turn this feature on again, tap Automatically.

if this doesn't work, reset your airpods and pair them again.

1. Put your ‌AirPods‌ in their case and close the lid.
  2. Wait 30 seconds, then open the lid.
  3. On your iOS device, go to Settings -> Bluetooth and tap the circled "i" icon next to your ‌AirPods‌.
  4. Tap Forget This Device, and tap again to confirm.

Airpods pro won’t auto connect back

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.