Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Air Drop does not work since Big Sur

Every time I want to send something from my MacBook to my iPad or iPhone Airdrop can't find them and the other way round my iPad and iPhone can't find my MacBook. I already looked at the firewall settings and "block all incoming connections" is deselected. Before the update there was a direct connection between my devices. Thanks in advance!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 17, 2021 10:59 AM

6 replies

Jan 19, 2021 11:52 AM in response to FeliciaSntsi

Hi FeliciaSntsi,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having an issue with using Airdrop between your Mac and iOS devices. We'd like to help.

From what you've described, this resource can help you confirm that the settings are correct and some troubleshooting steps:

Use AirDrop on your Mac

Check that out and see if that helps.

Take care!

Jan 21, 2021 3:31 AM in response to Jeff_W.

Hi, thanks for your reply but the link just shows how to use Airdrop and I know how to use airdrop and also my devices are all less than 2 years old. Airdrop used to work perfectly before the update therefore I don't need to know HOW to use Airdrop. There is a problem with the Big Sur update you should be informed about or at least try to solve it because not only is airdrop not working I suddenly noticed that there are also files missing on my MacBook.

Air Drop does not work since Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.