Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there any way to break apart compound audio clips in Final Cut?

I'm pretty new to Final Cut, so I need a little help. I recorded some audio and video from a capture card, as well as a microphone in OBS. I set OBS to record the audio in separate channels. When I open the exported clip in Final Cut, it recognizes the audio as "multichannel audio." In going over the footage, I noticed that the sound from the capture card did not sync with the sound from the microphone. Is there any way to separate the channels in a multichannel audio track in final cut, that way I can drag the clip around and sync it? I think I may have to adjust the settings in OBS in the future, but I would like to be able to edit the footage I already have.

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Jan 17, 2021 8:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 4:02 AM

What are the audio sample rate for the two audio files? They should match and preferably be 48K. Are you using the sync clip function? That’s not a compound clip. Use the Open Clip function for the clip in the browser. If you’re doing something else post a screenshot of what you’re doing where.

Similar questions

3 replies

Is there any way to break apart compound audio clips in Final Cut?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.