Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you export multiple audio tracks in an edited Multicam clip?

I'm doing a rough cut of a music video using the Multicam feature in Final Cut Pro. When I'm finished the rough cut, I need to be able to export six audio tracks for mixing from the Multicam edit to Logic Pro. Is it possible to do this? It seems as if it is only possible to select one audio track in a Multicam Clip. Can anyone recommend a work-around or a workflow for this.

Thanks

Posted on May 31, 2022 7:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2022 8:05 AM

Scenario 1. Why can't you embed the tracks in the multicam?

You build them in the multicam clip and assign the roles to the tracks as you want. In the project I usually detach the audio. Expand the clip components, and in the Audio inspector check on the tracks you want.

They'll appear in the project like this.

You can export using roles either as separate stems or as a multitrack QuickTime file.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2022 8:05 AM in response to Quillnib

Scenario 1. Why can't you embed the tracks in the multicam?

You build them in the multicam clip and assign the roles to the tracks as you want. In the project I usually detach the audio. Expand the clip components, and in the Audio inspector check on the tracks you want.

They'll appear in the project like this.

You can export using roles either as separate stems or as a multitrack QuickTime file.

Jun 1, 2022 6:13 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Hi Tom,

Thanks for getting back to me. I initially created the Multicam clip from 3 video clips (with audio from the camera mics) plus the six audio tracks from the musicians. I am using 3 different takes (ergo 3 Multicam clips) in the rough cut. I was hoping to be able to select all 6 microphone audio tracks while using the Multicam editor so that I could export all the edited audio tracks to Logic for mixing and mastering.

As I can only select one audio track at a time (not 6), I am doing the rough cut with just the camera microphone audio. When I finish the rough cut, I will export it to Logic where I can manually sync up the 6 audio tracks with the edited camera audio. It's a clumsy work around, but it is the only solution I can think of.

Thanks again

Jun 1, 2022 7:20 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Hi again,

Apologies, but the musicians don't want their images or projects circulating on online forums, so I unfortunately cannot share a screenshot. The Multicam setup I am using is pretty straightforward.

Scenario 1: Multicam clip with 3 video clips and 6 audio/mic tracks. => Unable to embed all 6 tracks into the edited Multicam clip

Scenario 2: Multicam clip with only 3 video clips. => 6 tracks added and synced in Logic.

Scenario 3: Create project. Insert Multicam clip into project. Insert XML file from Logic Pro (with the 6 audio tracks) into the project. Sync the XML file to the edited Multicam clip.

This last option seems like the best work around to me. Your thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Can you export multiple audio tracks in an edited Multicam clip?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.