Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I sync multi cam using a specific audio track

I have two recordings which I wish to sync. One recording is a camera shot and the other is a game recording. One of the game recording audio tracks has my computer microphone captured. I would like to sync the two clips using the specific audio track from my computer microphone and the camera clip which has its builtin microphone as FCPX could easily use this to sync using audio. I have not yet been able to identify how or if I can do this in FCPX.

Thank you in advance!

iMac 27″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Sep 7, 2022 11:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2022 12:44 PM

Try this: add a marker roughly in a place where the two should sync, and in the creation of the multicam check "on first marker". That could help.

EDIT: I meant to say one marker on each clip, of course.

Similar questions

4 replies

Sep 7, 2022 12:40 PM in response to Luis Sequeira1

I did this however the clip never gets synced due to the 5 other audio channels or because the software is not analyzing all audio channels.. I am not sure which. I need to be able to tell FCPX to use a specific audio channel to sync the clips. What happens when I do the normal selection and new multi-cam clips is it takes a while trying to analyze the audio and then winds up just starting both clips at the same point in the timeline.

How do I sync multi cam using a specific audio track

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.