Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Announce messages with Siri.

Why does the option to turn on “announce messages with Siri” disappear from my settings? I’ve had to reset my settings multiple times and it comes back and within a few days the option disappears again.

iPhone 11

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 12:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 3:04 AM

If you don’t hear Siri announcements

If you don’t hear Siri announcing your messages, try these steps:

1. Make sure that you're using a compatible device.
  2. Make sure that your AirPods or compatible Beats headphones are paired to your device in Settings > Bluetooth.
  3. Go to Settings > Notifications > Announce Messages with Siri and make sure Announce Messages with Siri is turned on. Then tap Messages and make sure that Announce Messages with Siri is turned on there too.
  4. Make sure that your iPhone or iPad is locked and its screen is dark. Siri doesn't announce messages if you're using your device.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2021 3:04 AM in response to Velazquez_

If you don’t hear Siri announcements

If you don’t hear Siri announcing your messages, try these steps:

1. Make sure that you're using a compatible device.
  2. Make sure that your AirPods or compatible Beats headphones are paired to your device in Settings > Bluetooth.
  3. Go to Settings > Notifications > Announce Messages with Siri and make sure Announce Messages with Siri is turned on. Then tap Messages and make sure that Announce Messages with Siri is turned on there too.
  4. Make sure that your iPhone or iPad is locked and its screen is dark. Siri doesn't announce messages if you're using your device.

Announce messages with Siri.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.