Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

M1 MacBook Pro iPhone Sync Issue

Hey Guys,

I am having this issue on my M1 MacBook Pro (Bir Sur 11.1) and iPhone X (iOS 14.3)

Syncing with this M1 MBP bricks all my third party apps on my iPhone (Fb, WhatsApp, Google Maps, YouTube etc)

Only solution to work it out this far is to restore the iPhone from iCloud backup (SMH, this is Frustrating)

Please Help!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 1:58 AM

4 replies

Jan 18, 2021 2:02 AM in response to Vampy7

Facebook is not an Apple product. Contact the app developer here --> App Support or Facebook Help Center | Facebook

WhatsApp is not an Apple product. Contact the app developer here --> App Support or WhatsApp FAQ  Or Restoring your chat history - WhatsApp FAQ or Contact WhatsApp

Google Maps is not an Apple product. Contact the app developer here --> App Support or Google Maps Help - Google Support

YouTube is not an Apple Product. Contact the app developer here --> App Support or YouTube Help - Google Support

Jan 24, 2021 10:51 AM in response to Vampy7

I think you already found the thread, but in case anyone else stumbles across your discussion, there are several others having the same issue. So far no resolution from Apple, although one person did find a workaround that worked for them but hasn't worked for others (so far). Most of the discussion is happening in these two threads:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252182225

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252187935

Jan 18, 2021 2:29 AM in response to SravanKrA

thanks for your reply but it seems like you've not read my question correctly, so let me rephrase it to you

My iPhone was working perfectly fine but after syncing it with my M1 MBP suddenly all apps started force closing and after restoring from my iCloud backup and reconnecting with my M1 MBP, same issue appeared.

M1 MacBook Pro iPhone Sync Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.