Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting files from iMovie on Mac with 10.15.7

I've read previous posts here that say to delete a project file from iMovie you delete them from All Events under Libraries. Problem is, I can find no way to delete the files in All Events.

I first deleted them from the Projects page then came to All Events in Libraries and all the files are there by title listed at left and by thumbnails at right.

There is no "Delete" shown anywhere and clicking on the delete key on my key board doesn't do it so what am I missing, why can't I delete them from All Events?

What's the secret to clearing out my iMovie files?

Thanks.

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 5:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 6:06 AM

Five minutes after posting my question I think I found the answer. The delete is found in the pull down at the top of the computer screen under File.

If that is the correct method to delete video files from iMovie, it's strange that no one mentioned this in previous posts on this same topic. I had been looking for a way to delete them within the iMovie app and had not thought to look in the pull downs at the top of the computer screen.

I'm learning, slowly, but I'm learning.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2021 6:06 AM in response to RocknRowBoat

Five minutes after posting my question I think I found the answer. The delete is found in the pull down at the top of the computer screen under File.

If that is the correct method to delete video files from iMovie, it's strange that no one mentioned this in previous posts on this same topic. I had been looking for a way to delete them within the iMovie app and had not thought to look in the pull downs at the top of the computer screen.

I'm learning, slowly, but I'm learning.

Deleting files from iMovie on Mac with 10.15.7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.