Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone app VERY slow to sync with Apple Watch

Over the last couple of weeks, I've noticed that the Activity rings on my phone app (iPhone XS) have become incredibly slow to sync with my Apple Watch 5. Today it took the Exercise ring an extra eight minutes to "catch up" - it added in all the time correctly, and gave me 38 minutes of exercise at the same time I received notification that the 30 minute ring was closed. And the Stand ring hasn't updated in several hours - my Watch says 7 hours, which is correct, but the app is still showing 5 hours. The Move ring is at 809 on my watch, but still says 714 on my phone. Then, out of nowhere, the app will update and sync with my watch - and then lag for another few hours. I’ve done all the googling, restarts, settings checks with no improvement. Is there a way to do a 'force sync'?

Any help is appreciated because it is incredibly irritating at best not to be able to accurately track my progress on this very expensive watch and phone.

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 12:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 1:37 PM

You may also wish to reset your iPhone along with the Watch.

This should work for your model iPhone;

1) Press & release quickly the Volume Up button.

2) Press & release quickly the Volume Down button.

3) Press & hold the Power button until the  logo appears.

Similar questions

2 replies

Phone app VERY slow to sync with Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.