Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is the 2019 16 inch Macbook Pro compatible with 49 inch ultrawide monitors from LG, Samsung, and Dell?

I am interested in purchasing one of the 49 inch ultrawide monitors available from LG, Dell, or Samsung but I am concerned because I have read reports of the LG monitor not being supported by later Mac versions with respect to the screen resolution. Some older Macs don’t seem to have a problem but newer Macs (Pre M1 processor) could not display at the full resolution supported by the monitor. What I could not find is any reference to tests with the 2019 16 inch MacBook Pro. Does anybody out there have any information as to whether or not such incompatibility exists between the Ultrawide monitors and the 2019 16 inch MacBook Pro?

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 4:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 4:57 PM

The size doesn’t really matter, only the resolution. A 34” or 49” 5K:2K display is the same as far as your Mac is concerned. If you’re looking at a different resolution (eg 5120 x 1440), you may want to state the resolution you are looking to run.

5 replies

Jan 18, 2021 4:42 PM in response to neuroanatomist

Thank you very much neuroanatomist. That is a very fine monitor and it is on my list of possible solutions if the 49 inch model I am asking about doesn’t work out. But I am more interested in a 49 inch monitor because I have a specific need for the extra width. That said I will keep your suggestion in mind. Your help is very much appreciated.

Is the 2019 16 inch Macbook Pro compatible with 49 inch ultrawide monitors from LG, Samsung, and Dell?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.