Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Switching between windows on Microsoft Outlook 365

Please help as this is frustrating me.

I run a mid-2012 MacBook Pro using MacOs Catalina 10.15.7.

The keyboard layout is British-PC.

I have the latest Microsoft Office suite.

On my Windows PC, I could switch between the two latest open panes using Alt + Tab. This works between applications or within one application.

For example, I look to edit emails in a full window and flick back to the main Outlook application to copy and paste stuff, re-read a different email and then flick back into the email I am editing. Super easy.

I cannot find the keyboard shortcut to do this using MacOS. I have read that the answer is Command + `, however this does not work for me - it just changes whether or not the reading pane is displayed.

Is there a shortcut? Or is there a piece of software that I can run which will help?

This is making my workflow so slow as I need to use the mousepad to put the cursor on 'window' and then select the pane I need. Slow!

Many thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 19, 2021 1:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2021 3:04 AM

This is the second time I have posted on here and within seconds found the answer myself. Couldn't be happier!

Going to try it next time I can't find the car keys!

Anyway, the answer is Cmd + option + Shift + `

This actually cycles through all open windows within Outlook. So if you have two open it will switch between the two. If you have three or more it will go through them in order.

I hope this helps someone in the future.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2021 3:04 AM in response to n6MAA10816

This is the second time I have posted on here and within seconds found the answer myself. Couldn't be happier!

Going to try it next time I can't find the car keys!

Anyway, the answer is Cmd + option + Shift + `

This actually cycles through all open windows within Outlook. So if you have two open it will switch between the two. If you have three or more it will go through them in order.

I hope this helps someone in the future.

Switching between windows on Microsoft Outlook 365

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.