Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to connect bluetooth keyboard/track pad to factory reset Mac mini?????

I have a Mac Mini that has been reset to factory settings. When starting up it offers no way to connect a bluetooth keyboard, or trackpad.

I have tried turning on the keyboard and track pad and see the lights blinking g, showing that they are discoverable. I then start the Mac, but it does not find, or even try to find the devices.

The Mac shows the initial screen, where you choose country, etc. I have succeeded I. getting a USB-bluetooth mouse recognized, but I am stuck when the setup wants me to type anything.

How do I get the bluetooth keyboard recognized?

Mac mini, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 19, 2021 8:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2021 6:46 AM

Hello 1gr8dane,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having trouble connecting a Bluetooth keyboard with your Mac mini. We're happy to help.

Check out the following support articles:

Use an Apple wireless keyboard, mouse, or trackpad with Mac

If your Apple wireless mouse, keyboard, or trackpad isn't working with your Mac as expected

If the steps above don't help, try resetting the SMC on your Mac:

How to reset the SMC of your Mac

This is the System Management Controller and will reset items such as fans, display backlight, power and can help with other issues.

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2021 6:46 AM in response to 1gr8dane

Hello 1gr8dane,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having trouble connecting a Bluetooth keyboard with your Mac mini. We're happy to help.

Check out the following support articles:

Use an Apple wireless keyboard, mouse, or trackpad with Mac

If your Apple wireless mouse, keyboard, or trackpad isn't working with your Mac as expected

If the steps above don't help, try resetting the SMC on your Mac:

How to reset the SMC of your Mac

This is the System Management Controller and will reset items such as fans, display backlight, power and can help with other issues.

Cheers!

how to connect bluetooth keyboard/track pad to factory reset Mac mini?????

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.