Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost contact list after an update, but they'll still show up when I search by name.

My phone updated and wiped out all my contacts. I didn't think to restore contacts before it backed up again and I didn't have the option to do so.

All of my texts and phone calls are coming in from numbers without assigned names. However, if I start a new text message, I can search by name and it will pull up a number. If I click on it though, it just shows as a text to number vs. the name.

The point being that I know they are still saved somewhere and I just need to import them or merge lists. I've tried restarting. Turning off iCloud contacts and then back on. And making sure all my accounts are synced to contacts. I'm so frustrated that Apple offers ZERO support for these issues caused by their forced updates.

Any ideas? THANK YOU!

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 19, 2021 10:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2021 11:54 AM

How were you managing your contacts? Were you using iCloud, or another email account? If you were using iCloud, have you logged into www.icloud.com and checked Contacts? If you were using iCloud, see this support document for information about how to try and recover contacts. Restore contacts, calendars, bookmarks, and more using iCloud.com - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2021 11:54 AM in response to allison_k

How were you managing your contacts? Were you using iCloud, or another email account? If you were using iCloud, have you logged into www.icloud.com and checked Contacts? If you were using iCloud, see this support document for information about how to try and recover contacts. Restore contacts, calendars, bookmarks, and more using iCloud.com - Apple Support

Lost contact list after an update, but they'll still show up when I search by name.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.