Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch dock: Recents and favorites mixed together

I have the dock on my Apple watch configured to have a few favorite apps.

But each time I use an app not in the dock, it gets added to the dock on the watch. The dock starts getting really messy with recently opened apps mixed in with favorites.

I have tried to clear out recent apps with the swipe left action, but this does not seem to work any more. Oddly, I get the option to keep the recent app in the dock, which it already is!

Is this a bug, a feature or am I missing something here?

I have an Apple Watch Series 6 (GPS) running WatchOS 7.2

Thanks.

Apple Watch

Posted on Jan 19, 2021 3:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2021 1:45 PM

Hi there godwyn1066,

From what we can tell, you're asking how to prevent your recently used apps from appearing in the Dock on your Apple Watch if you haven't added them as favorites. We're glad you're here, and we can provide some clarity. The behavior you're seeing is normal.

"The Dock can show your most recent apps or up to 10 of your favorite apps. When you choose Recents, your apps appear in the order that you opened them. When you choose Favorites, you can choose the apps that appear, but your most recently used app still appears at the top of the Dock. If it's not already a favorite, you can tap Keep in Dock to add it."

Have a look at the support article below to learn more about using the Dock on your Apple Watch:

Use the Dock on your Apple Watch

Cheers!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2021 1:45 PM in response to godwyn1066

Hi there godwyn1066,

From what we can tell, you're asking how to prevent your recently used apps from appearing in the Dock on your Apple Watch if you haven't added them as favorites. We're glad you're here, and we can provide some clarity. The behavior you're seeing is normal.

"The Dock can show your most recent apps or up to 10 of your favorite apps. When you choose Recents, your apps appear in the order that you opened them. When you choose Favorites, you can choose the apps that appear, but your most recently used app still appears at the top of the Dock. If it's not already a favorite, you can tap Keep in Dock to add it."

Have a look at the support article below to learn more about using the Dock on your Apple Watch:

Use the Dock on your Apple Watch

Cheers!

Watch dock: Recents and favorites mixed together

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.