Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Series 4 Dock Not Switching to Favorites

I’m at a loss. I’ve read all of the advice on this question, and nothing is working. I want my dock on my Apple Watch to show favorites, not recents. I changed the dock setting to favorites in the watch app on my phone. I have restarted my phone and watch. I have unpaired and paired my Apple Watch, even setting it up as a new watch. I’ve tried just having one app in my favorites to see if it shows up. Nothing works. My dock remains stuck on recents. Does the Series 4 watch just not have the option of favorites for the dock? Is their a solution that I missed in all of my research? I simply want this one simple setting to work like it’s supposed to.

Apple Watch

Posted on Jul 20, 2021 10:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2021 11:06 AM

The series 4 watch should definitely support the "Favorites" dock feature. So should any recent version of watchOS (at least dating back to watchOS 5.X). I don't know if it helps, but according to the 'Choose between Recents or Favorites' section in:

Use the Dock on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

"When you choose Favorites, you can choose the apps that appear, but your most recently used app still appears at the top of the Dock."

It sounds like you tried all the usual troubleshooting steps. All I can suggest is that you contact Apple Support if you want to pursue this.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2021 11:06 AM in response to FatherTyme25

The series 4 watch should definitely support the "Favorites" dock feature. So should any recent version of watchOS (at least dating back to watchOS 5.X). I don't know if it helps, but according to the 'Choose between Recents or Favorites' section in:

Use the Dock on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

"When you choose Favorites, you can choose the apps that appear, but your most recently used app still appears at the top of the Dock."

It sounds like you tried all the usual troubleshooting steps. All I can suggest is that you contact Apple Support if you want to pursue this.

Apple Watch Series 4 Dock Not Switching to Favorites

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.