Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro fan

Has anyone ever gotten a MacBook that has software problems? I have gotten my laptop 4 months ago and the fan keeps going off non-stop. I only use my laptop for class and PowerPoints mostly. I don't even watch anything on it because it is constantly overheating. Is this normal? I had another apple laptop prior to this and I have never had overheating problems.

Thank you

Posted on Jan 19, 2021 3:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2021 4:00 PM

Because the fan comes on does not mean the computer is overheating:

Keep your Mac notebook within acceptable operating temperatures - Apple Support

Try this:

How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

4 replies

Jan 19, 2021 4:00 PM in response to JasmineAAA

Have you received any emails or suspicious texts?

Emails will NEVER start with

”Dear Client” or “Dear Customer”

the only case Dear Customer will be the prefix is during a shipping confirmation email.

The only reason I’m asking this is because files that are malicious could have been accidentally downloaded, causing the fan to blow at full speed.

MacBook Pro fan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.