Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't buy songs off iTunes anymore?

I am trying to buy a single song without joining Apple Music. Is this possible?

OS = Catalina

I click on the iTunes tab. Enter a song into the search bar top left. Select the song to play a sample, but instead of hearing any music, up pops the advert for me to sign up to Apple Music. When I click Not Now, the music sample does not play, and nor do I get a Buy Now button.

Please help me buy single songs, without having to sign up to Apple Music (even for the free 3 month trial).

Posted on Jan 19, 2021 9:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2021 10:53 AM

Hi,

I note your comments. However, I don’t have the issues that you are having.

When I click on iTunes Store (menu on left) I see music that can be purchased. When I search for specific artist and select iTunes Store (top right), I see music that can be purchased.

I don’t get prompted to subscribe to Apple Music. I don’t see Apple Music tab (top right) as I have disabled Apple Music in preferences > restrictions..

Music app has many flaws, for me the most serious relates to the handling of multiple libraries.

Jim

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2021 10:53 AM in response to Apple8myPC

Hi,

I note your comments. However, I don’t have the issues that you are having.

When I click on iTunes Store (menu on left) I see music that can be purchased. When I search for specific artist and select iTunes Store (top right), I see music that can be purchased.

I don’t get prompted to subscribe to Apple Music. I don’t see Apple Music tab (top right) as I have disabled Apple Music in preferences > restrictions..

Music app has many flaws, for me the most serious relates to the handling of multiple libraries.

Jim

Jan 20, 2021 3:28 PM in response to Jimzgoldfinch

Thanks Jim, I now know how to buy songs without subscribing to Apple Music.

For others that have this same question, a note, to add to Apple's instructions found at this link. The instructions say to click on the itunes store tab top right corner after searching for a song. Well I found the option to do that very fleeting. It would appear & disappear very quickly. Just keep your eye on the top right, and when the three tabs (Apple Music - Your Library - iTunes Store) are visible, click iTunes Store before you do anything else. Before that however, make sure you have ticked to show iTunes Store from the Music app preferences, BUT do not click on the iTunes tab on the left side of the screen. It does not work. It only traps you in a cycle of pop up ads to join Apple Music. Only click on the iTunes Store tab when ever it appears top right of your screen.

Can't buy songs off iTunes anymore?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.