Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music vs iTunes

I am trying to buy a single song without joining Apple Music. Is this possible?

OS = Catalina

I click on the iTunes tab. Enter a song into the search bar top left. Select the song to play a sample, but instead of hearing any music, up pops the advert for me to sign up to Apple Music. When I click Not Now, the music sample does not play, and nor do I get a Buy Now button.

Please help me buy single songs, without having to sign up to Apple Music (even for the free 3 month trial).

Posted on Jan 19, 2021 9:19 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Jan 19, 2021 9:58 PM in response to Apple8myPC

Apple8myPC wrote:
...I click the iTunes tab on the left.

What "iTunes tab on the left," are you referring to?" This is partially what I see in the sidebar:

Clicking on "iTunes Store" reveals:

Where I can sample/purchase individual selections.

Clicking on "Search" / "iTunes Store" and entering text reveals:

Which turns up the same results.

I never see a "pop up."

Jan 19, 2021 9:37 PM in response to Ferd II

Hi Ferd II,

Thanks for your reply. As I mentioned in my post, I click the iTunes tab on the left. So your suggestion to tick the box to show the iTunes store is a bit redundant. What I am asking, is after I have clicked on the iTunes tab, which shows up in the Music App (because it is ticked in the settings), and search for a song, and then select that song from the list. All I get is the pop up advert to join Apple Music. I can find no way to avoid this pop up, which prevents me from playing a sample of the song, or from purchasing the song. Please help.

Jan 19, 2021 9:43 PM in response to Apple8myPC

So you click on the iTunes tab. Then you enter a song into the search bar top left. Hit enter, and the iTunes tab stops being highlighted. It jumps out of iTunes. There is nothing I can do to stop it. A cynical person would accuse Apple of making life difficult for those who do not want to sign up for Apple Music, and just buy a song every now and then.

Apple Music vs iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.