Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 12 mini - personal hotspot keeps on disconnecting devices

Hello,

I've got very annoying issue with my iphone 12 mini. The personal hotspot keeps on disconnecting devices - it does so every single time I leave the room. I leave the phone on a desk next to my PC and few feet from my partner's Macbook, leave the room, come back and both devices are disconnected. This has been an ongoing issue and it is so frustrating. I tried to update carrier settings and follow any other advice found on on the internet - nothing helped. The fact that it happens every time I physically leave the room makes it even more odd.

Anyone else having similar issue? Is there anything that can't be done to fix it? Last but not least, how does my iphone know when I leave the room (as weird as it may sound)?

Thank you in advance,

Michal

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 20, 2021 1:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2021 2:45 AM

SMS, MMS, WiFi Call, Call Forwarding, Call Waiting, Call Merge, Conference Call, Hotspot, Voice Mail (Visual or Normal) all are Carrier Specific features. Contact your Carrier (Cellular Service Provider), the agency who issued the SIM / eSIM to you.

Use these steps first

Restart the iPhone or iPad that provides Personal Hotspot and the other device that needs to connect to Personal Hotspot. Make sure that you have the latest version of iOS. On the iPhone or iPad that provides Personal Hotspot, go to Settings > General > Reset, then tap Reset Network Settings.

If Personal Hotspot is not working on your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi

The Hotspot is a carrier specific feature. Contact your carrier.

Meanwhile..

Check the following

1. Network coverage and stability
  2. Data Balance
  3. On your windows (See if Auto Joins is enabled)
  4. Also check if you have any stronger WiFi signal around your computer.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2021 2:45 AM in response to lamentooo

SMS, MMS, WiFi Call, Call Forwarding, Call Waiting, Call Merge, Conference Call, Hotspot, Voice Mail (Visual or Normal) all are Carrier Specific features. Contact your Carrier (Cellular Service Provider), the agency who issued the SIM / eSIM to you.

Use these steps first

Restart the iPhone or iPad that provides Personal Hotspot and the other device that needs to connect to Personal Hotspot. Make sure that you have the latest version of iOS. On the iPhone or iPad that provides Personal Hotspot, go to Settings > General > Reset, then tap Reset Network Settings.

If Personal Hotspot is not working on your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi

The Hotspot is a carrier specific feature. Contact your carrier.

Meanwhile..

Check the following

1. Network coverage and stability
  2. Data Balance
  3. On your windows (See if Auto Joins is enabled)
  4. Also check if you have any stronger WiFi signal around your computer.

Iphone 12 mini - personal hotspot keeps on disconnecting devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.