Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hotspot constantly disconnects

Hi guys,

Just switched over to an iPhone 12 after buying a the Macbook Pro 13" M1. Use my phone as a hotspot for the computer, work on it all day, yet while the 1st 30 minutes might be OK, the hotspot keeps disconnecting. Gets to a point where it's happening just about every 5 minutes. Have spoken to Apple Support 3 times now with not much luck. While they've been super nice I've been unable to resolve the issue.

From what I can gather from online it's a bug in their iOS. Resetting the network settings didn't do any good (done it 3 times now). Had an Android for about 9 years and not once experienced this issue so it's not a carrier problem. Before returning the new iPhone does anyone have any suggestions? Kind of get the feeling this is a bug Apple knows about but won't admit to.

Posted on Jan 19, 2021 11:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2021 11:45 AM

Just_Michael Said:

"Hotspot constantly disconnects: [...]Just switched over to an iPhone 12 after buying a the Macbook Pro 13" M1. [...]Before returning the new iPhone does anyone have any suggestions? Kind of get the feeling this is a bug Apple knows about but won't admit to."

-------

Why Risk a Faulty Device?:

Based on what you've entirely posts, with this being a frequent occurrence, I would strongly recommend you return it, or send this in to Apple for device support. You have a one-year, out-of-the-box, limited-warranty. So, most certainly have Apple look into this device.

I. Using Send-In Service:

The only option, as of this post, would be to contact Apple, and have it sent it for service/replacement.

1. Apple: would send you a box
  2. You: would package it and send it to Apple
  3. Apple: would fix it or replace it, if applicable
  4. You: would receive it back from Apple

II. Contacting Apple Support:

A. Phone Support Info:

B. Chat Session Info:

Being that phone calls are taking a moment, perform a chat session with Apple Support.

Setting Up the Cbat Session:

1. Go to: support.apple.com
  2. Scroll Down to "Tell us how we can help"
  3. Select: Get Support
  4. Proceed from there as Necessary

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2021 11:45 AM in response to Just_Michael

Just_Michael Said:

"Hotspot constantly disconnects: [...]Just switched over to an iPhone 12 after buying a the Macbook Pro 13" M1. [...]Before returning the new iPhone does anyone have any suggestions? Kind of get the feeling this is a bug Apple knows about but won't admit to."

-------

Why Risk a Faulty Device?:

Based on what you've entirely posts, with this being a frequent occurrence, I would strongly recommend you return it, or send this in to Apple for device support. You have a one-year, out-of-the-box, limited-warranty. So, most certainly have Apple look into this device.

I. Using Send-In Service:

The only option, as of this post, would be to contact Apple, and have it sent it for service/replacement.

1. Apple: would send you a box
  2. You: would package it and send it to Apple
  3. Apple: would fix it or replace it, if applicable
  4. You: would receive it back from Apple

II. Contacting Apple Support:

A. Phone Support Info:

B. Chat Session Info:

Being that phone calls are taking a moment, perform a chat session with Apple Support.

Setting Up the Cbat Session:

1. Go to: support.apple.com
  2. Scroll Down to "Tell us how we can help"
  3. Select: Get Support
  4. Proceed from there as Necessary

Hotspot constantly disconnects

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.