Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Playing Pink Floyd on my Homepod (well I would like too)

Whenever I ask my Homepod to play any Pink Floyd album, it goes through the "now playing Pink Floyd, The Wall...etc" then says "Sorry, there was a problem with Apple Music" its driving me mad. I pay for Apple music and would like to use it via my Homepod, without having to play it from my phone.

I have done factory reset etc. New set up. And still the same infuriating problem.

Any fix for this or just another Apple glitch we have to put up with even though we pay a premium.

HomePod, 14

Posted on Jan 20, 2021 2:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2021 4:04 AM

Reboot your router too if you haven't already done so. A workaround might be to open the music app on your iPhone, tap the Now Playing area near the bottom, then the AirPlay icon, then tap Control Other Speakers & TVs. From here you should be able to connect to your HomePod, then select music in your cloud library for it to play.

This is also useful if you want to call up your own copy of the album instead of the latest digitally remastered version that Apple Music might otherwise insist on trying to play.

tt2

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2021 4:04 AM in response to peterfromwesterham

Reboot your router too if you haven't already done so. A workaround might be to open the music app on your iPhone, tap the Now Playing area near the bottom, then the AirPlay icon, then tap Control Other Speakers & TVs. From here you should be able to connect to your HomePod, then select music in your cloud library for it to play.

This is also useful if you want to call up your own copy of the album instead of the latest digitally remastered version that Apple Music might otherwise insist on trying to play.

tt2

Feb 11, 2021 1:11 AM in response to peterfromwesterham

Definitely some weirdness going on. On iPhone and HomePod, if I ask Siri to play a specific studio album by Pink Floyd, Siri responds "Now playing (album name) by Pink Floyd. Sorry, there was a problem with Apple Music." If I ask for a specific LIVE album by Pink Floyd, it plays. If I ask for a specific song from a studio album, it plays. If I then say "Hey, Siri, play this entire album", it plays.

Some have reported problems playing Beatles albums, also. But when I tried the same test with a few of their albums... play a song, then request that entire album... I would always get the "problem with Apple Music message".

Apple, please get it together and fix this stuff. It's embarrassing.

Feb 11, 2021 4:43 PM in response to ctujack

I get the "there was a problem with Apple Music" as well with Dark Side of the Moon.

Strange thing is, it worked up until January.

I know this, because it's always the first thing I play when I get into my office every day.

I've been stuck selecting it from my phone.

I thought it was possibly because I'm on a beta, but it doesn't sound like I'm alone.

Mar 11, 2021 11:05 AM in response to peterfromwesterham

We are experiencing the same issue in our household but with a twist. The HomePod plays all the music request from me, but my wife gets the “Sorry, there was a problem with Apple Music” response when she requests the same song. We have the AppleOne service for the entire family, and all the other 6 HomePods around the houses work fine. This tells me that the issue is specific to a user and a device.

Still looking for solution.

Mar 11, 2021 11:10 AM in response to GregKida

Thanks for the input.

Also, when I manually go in, as in long pressing the HomePod icon and going into the music through the phone, I’ll bring up the album and hit play.

It's scrambles through every song without playing it as if it’s trying to locate it. And sometimes it will show the pause music icon as if it’s playing the song, but it’s not, and the elapsed time doesn’t move.

Playing Pink Floyd on my Homepod (well I would like too)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.