Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cancelling the basic iCloud storage plan

I had the basic plan, then opened another for my wife which was paid for from my account. I later upgraded my plan and shared with my wife. I'm still being charged for my wife's basic storage plan. I've been through the suggested routes and cannot see anywhere that allows me to cancel my wife's plan. Thanks

iPad Mini 5, iOS 12

Posted on Jan 20, 2021 3:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2021 12:41 PM

Hi balernograinger,

We appreciate you sending these additional details over to us. To protect your privacy, we encourage you to contact our Apple Support advisors at Get Support so they can take a closer look into your account.

Have a great day!

3 replies

Jan 21, 2021 7:33 PM in response to balernograinger

Hi balernograinger,

We understand that you have some questions about iCloud storage plans and we'd like to help. To clarify, each Apple ID includes 5 GB of free storage space, and you can upgrade to plans of 50 GB, 200 GB or 2 TB.

When you upgraded the storage plan for your wife's iPhone, was that done from your Apple ID account or another one? The reason we ask is that the increased storage will be associated with the Apple ID account that was signed in when it was purchased, and the subscription will need to be removed from that account. We have more details here:

Manage your iCloud storage

If you're also using Family Sharing, the group members also have the option to purchase a larger storage plan to share.

Share an iCloud storage plan with your family

Please let us know what you find, and we'll take it from there!

All the best.

Feb 4, 2021 3:51 AM in response to KMB_12

Sorry for taking so long to reply.

I am the only one who has a credit card attached to my Apple a/c. I set up the 50GB storage for my wife.

I also have a 200GB storage plan which I share with sue7.

I have tried various different suggested routes into finding and cancelling her storage plan which is currently £0.79 per month to no avail.

I did find a screen which showed my £2.49 instalments but there was no record of my wife’s payments. I have checked my Credit Card statement to confirm that the £0.79 was being taken.

The original Order ID is due to rollover for another year later this month.

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

Cancelling the basic iCloud storage plan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.