Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't update any apps

I cannot update any of my apps. It asks for me to login with my Apple ID password which I have changed and entered, so I know it is correct, and it still says verification failed every time for every app. I know the password is correct it just will not allow me to update anything in App Store.

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 20, 2021 1:03 PM

3 replies

Jan 21, 2021 10:30 AM in response to Eric Root

Yes tried that. So I recently switched Apple ID's on this device entirely because I was in one with my family's devices. And it looks like for some strange reason it is picking up the old Apple ID when I am trying to update apps even though I am logged into the new one everywhere else. A couple of times it will ask me to enter my trusted phone number which should be mine, but it is showing a family member's from the old Apple ID. Now, it is putting me through a loop saying my Apple ID is locked and to go to my laptop to reset my password, and as soon as I do that, I go back to phone, try to update apps, enter new password, and it informs me it's locked again and sends me back to laptop to reset.

Can't update any apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.