Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

M1 MacBook Pro with sidecar and exernal monitor

I know that the M1 MacBook Pro is limited to connecting but 1 external monitor. But, can I connect both an external monitor and use Sidecar at the same time?

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Jan 20, 2021 2:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2021 7:49 AM

Hi there Robert Mccarter,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you would like to use an external monitor on your Mac as well as Sidecar. You can connect one monitor up to 6k resolution and use Sidecar or AirPlay to use a TV or iPad for an extra display.

Learn more in these articles:

Use external monitors with your Mac

Use your iPad as a second display for your Mac with Sidecar

We hope this helps!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2021 7:49 AM in response to Robert Mccarter

Hi there Robert Mccarter,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you would like to use an external monitor on your Mac as well as Sidecar. You can connect one monitor up to 6k resolution and use Sidecar or AirPlay to use a TV or iPad for an extra display.

Learn more in these articles:

Use external monitors with your Mac

Use your iPad as a second display for your Mac with Sidecar

We hope this helps!

Jan 25, 2021 8:36 AM in response to jdo_apple

Robert Mccarter wrote:

I know that the M1 MacBook Pro is limited to connecting but 1 external monitor. But, can I connect both an external monitor and use Sidecar at the same time?

Please provide an explicit answer to the question: Do M1-devices support simultaneous use of a single external monitor (e.g. LG 4K/5K from the Apple store) and Sidecar with an iPad?

thanks in advance :-)

M1 MacBook Pro with sidecar and exernal monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.