Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Side car and external monitor at same time

I have a MacBook Air 208 and an iPad 6th gen I use together with sidecar feature on macOS could I also connect a external monitor to my MacBook Air and use them all at the same time as 3 screens?

iPad (6th gen) WiFi

Posted on Oct 16, 2021 6:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2021 12:22 AM

You are in luck. Yes you can do what you are asking for in your post. You can use your iPad 6th Generation with SideCar on your 2018 MacBook Air. You can also add an external display to your MacBook Air and then use all three screens.

Ensure that you get into display preferences on your MacBook Air and arrange the screens rationally so that you can move your mouse efficiently between the three screens.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 17, 2021 12:22 AM in response to Alexander_7

You are in luck. Yes you can do what you are asking for in your post. You can use your iPad 6th Generation with SideCar on your 2018 MacBook Air. You can also add an external display to your MacBook Air and then use all three screens.

Ensure that you get into display preferences on your MacBook Air and arrange the screens rationally so that you can move your mouse efficiently between the three screens.

Axel F.

Side car and external monitor at same time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.