Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook pro trackpad not working to select portions of a clip in iMovie

I'm using my macbook pro with Big Sur 11.1 installed and using iMovie 10.2.2. I was able to select a portion of a clip in the browser using the r+click+drag on my track pad and it was very glitchy and finicky but I could get it to work up until yesterday. When I press and hold 'r' the small yellow box appears and only sometimes the larger yellow box appears with the handles. but when I try to click and drag the handles, nothing happens. So I can't select any portion of the clip! Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 20, 2021 8:07 PM

3 replies

Jan 21, 2021 9:23 AM in response to Rozy808

Try deleting preferences.

Open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and select to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects.  Deleting preferences is a safe procedure that will not cause data loss or disruption to your project.

-- Rich

Macbook pro trackpad not working to select portions of a clip in iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.