Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Netflix won't open on AppleTV

My Netflix won't open on AppleTV I used it yesterday and it was fine. There is a blue dot next to Netflix script.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 13

Posted on Jan 21, 2021 1:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2021 11:22 AM

We had the same problem, we tried restarting the Apple TV, deleting and reinstalling Netflix and none of them worked. However we found out we had a Apple TV software update and haven’t updated in a while. Once we updated the Apple TV itself the Netflix app worked again. Hope that helps.

25 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2021 11:22 AM in response to donpordal

We had the same problem, we tried restarting the Apple TV, deleting and reinstalling Netflix and none of them worked. However we found out we had a Apple TV software update and haven’t updated in a while. Once we updated the Apple TV itself the Netflix app worked again. Hope that helps.

Jan 21, 2021 2:32 AM in response to donpordal

Normally, if an app misbehaves, use these troubleshooting steps:

If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open - Apple Support

The blue dot next to the app name on the home screen denotes that the app has been updated since last use.

tvOS 13

You are advised to update the system software to the current version, 14.3. How to update your Apple TV - Apple Support

Jun 1, 2021 7:32 PM in response to Cmjor

We have experienced the same issue, however, updating Apple TV and reloading Netflix has not resolved the problem. We had no difficulty last evening but tonight it does not work. We have checked our wifi, restarted Apple TV etc. and know that Netflix works fine on our iPad. Tried mirroring from the iPad but received a message to open the app on the Apple TV. Frustrating.

My Netflix won't open on AppleTV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.