Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Location services for Calendar is not working

When I enter a new calendar event, click on travel time, it tells me it will take 21+ hours; however, I am only 15 mins from the location. I have gone to privacy/location services and made sure that Calendar was clicked and the 'arrow' location services was showing.

I need help.....

thanks in advance for your help

Michael

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 21, 2021 9:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2021 3:10 PM

Barney-15E

Well I figured it out finally. While an iPhone / iPad used location services, for some reason my calendar ( not sure if it is all calendars on all Mac computers) used who was designated as "me", I went to that contact list in iCloud and found the "me" contact and found that the "home, work and other" address were wrong, so I corrected them and now the calendar seems to be working more like it should..

Thanks for all you help

Michael

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2021 3:10 PM in response to MichaelWal

Barney-15E

Well I figured it out finally. While an iPhone / iPad used location services, for some reason my calendar ( not sure if it is all calendars on all Mac computers) used who was designated as "me", I went to that contact list in iCloud and found the "me" contact and found that the "home, work and other" address were wrong, so I corrected them and now the calendar seems to be working more like it should..

Thanks for all you help

Michael

Jan 22, 2021 5:44 PM in response to Barney-15E

Barney-15E

So where in Calendar on my iMac do I set my current location, I guess I have miss where I can do this?

Yes the destination is correct, when I enter the address into Maps it show the correct location and when I enter the same address into “location for the destination” it also show the correct addess, when I start to type the location like “Scripps medical Center ... ) I get the various locations for Scripps....

Michael

Jan 22, 2021 8:02 PM in response to MichaelWal

So where in Calendar on my iMac do I set my current location, I guess I have miss where I can do this?

I meant when you are making an event and adding drive time. I might be thinking of the iPhone event travel time where it has a start from location.

I don't see it in the macOS Calendar. I only see "Drive time from xxxx" with no way to choose a starting location. Does yours state where it is calculating the time from? If it is Home or Work, are those addresses correct for your "My Card" in Contacts?

Jan 23, 2021 10:05 AM in response to MichaelWal

I found this:

“Remove all recent locations and attendees

The locations and attendees you enter in Calendar events are saved for later use as suggestions when you create new events. 

To remove the attendees and locations you’ve previously entered, click “Remove all recent locations and attendees,” then click Delete.”

Is the location mentioned above, is this my location or is this the location of the event?

Michael

Jan 23, 2021 8:19 PM in response to MichaelWal

I think that is all recent locations. I saw that, too, but wasn't sure wether it would help.

I was hoping yours would indicate where it is starting from.

Mine normally says, "Drive time from work."

I have no idea why it only offers work for me, but it does. If it said, "from work," then I was hoping you could look at the "work" address in your contacts card..

Jan 24, 2021 9:18 AM in response to Barney-15E

It doesnt say anything, I did a test, yesterday I added an event for today in calendar on my iPad, it correctly found my location, calculated the correct travel time of 55 mins. Then went to my iMac Calendar, opened the event it showed 55 mins travel time; however, when i clicked on travel time it calculated the travel time as 22 hrs 10 mins, no way to pick starting point. So the issue is only with calendar on my iMac.

I then opened Maps on my iMac, searched for the destination, pick it, then clicked directions, it correctly used my location. So this confirms the issue is isolated to calendar on my iMac.

I an now at a loss.

guess i have to add all my events on my iPhone or iPad

Michael

Location services for Calendar is not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.