Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar location not updating

I moved 7 months ago and Calendar location has still not updated. I need this for the travel time option. It will of course work between appointments but not to my FIRST appointment address of the day. (obvious stuff tried, restarting, making sure location setting on, computer restart) it says that it will auto-update location but has not, I even clicked on the map that pops up to see if that would work...nope. What else?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 3, 2022 6:52 AM

8 replies

Mar 4, 2022 2:46 PM in response to derekat13

You may also want to check Change Alerts preferences in Calendar on Mac, which states:

"Time to leave

Select to receive notifications when it’s time to leave for events whose info window includes a map. You receive a notification based on your likely location before the event starts, the event’s location, and current traffic or transit conditions at these times:

• Before you need to leave
  • When you need to leave
  • If you’re running late

The time to leave is calculated based on the preference set in the Maps app using the View > Directions menu.

See Add location and travel time to events."

Mar 5, 2022 1:22 PM in response to derekat13

derekat13 wrote:
Since it is not updating correctly is there a way to manually put in where the computer is located?

No, not AFAIK. My first post in this thread also has this link which you should review, (if you have not done so)...Manage which apps can detect your Mac location. Note that you have to "Click the lock to make changes." If "Enable Location Services" is ✓'ed, and Calendar is allowed, I'm baffled.

Mar 5, 2022 11:35 AM in response to Ferd II

Thankyou for your reply. I checked all these settings in preferences as well several times over the last 7months and just now. All still set to show travel time but the travel time is still showing (my old address, 20 hours away) instead of current location. I have checked that Cal has permission for location accuracy all the time, states "was used less than 24hrs ago". I have no issues with maps or the internet knowing my location, just Calendar and refreshing isn't working. When I go to find my iMac it shows location correctly.

(it is not terribly helpful to keep putting in an event with the home address and having to move it around to match the travel time) I got very used to the convenience of popping in my appointments for work and it working, I haven't changed any settings during/since I moved but checked that they were still correct, but it still gives me wrong travel times.

Since it is not updating correctly is there a way to manually put in where the computer is located?

Mar 9, 2022 11:35 AM in response to Ferd II

THIS WORKED!! I am not sure why when I changed my home address it switched to distance from work but I changed that as well in the contacts on my mac and then closed out all then reopened and now it shows correctly my travel time!! Thank you! Amazing that something so simple can cause so much trouble and honestly be difficult to locate at first.

Calendar location not updating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.